<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://luxortimes.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Luxor Times: 12-Feb-2011

Luxor Times

Saturday, 12 February 2011

Hawass says : it is not safe

Last week Dr. Zahi Hawass stated that Egyptian antiquities and Egyptian sites are all safe. Today he says:


“The staff of the database department at the Egyptian Museum, Cairo have given me their report on the inventory of objects at the museum following the break in. Sadly, they have discovered objects are missing from the museum. The objects missing are as follows:

1. Gilded wood statue of Tutankhamun being carried by a goddess

2. Gilded wood statue of Tutankhamun harpooning. Only the torso and upper limbs of the king are missing

3. Limestone statue of Akhena

ten holding an offering table

4. Statue of Nefertiti making offerings

5. Sandstone head of an Amarna princess

6. Stone statuette of a scribe from Amarna

7. Wooden shabti statuettes from Yuya (11 pieces)

8. Heart Scarab of Yuya
An investigation has begun to search for the people who have taken these objects, and the police and army plan to follow up with the criminals already in custody. I have said if the Egyptian Museum is safe, than Egypt is safe. However, I am now concerned Egypt is not safe.
In another terrible turn of events, last night a magazine in Dahshur was broken into; it is called De Morgan’s. This magazine contains large blocks and small artifacts.”